Hawaii Legal Wedding Information
In order to qualify for a legal Hawaii wedding you are required you to be in the country 3 full working days prior to the wedding day.
The legal age to marry is 18 years for both males and females.
There are no state residence or U.S. citizenship requirements.
Blood tests are not required.
The following documentation & information is required to organize your marriage license:
Proof of age is required. A certified copy of a birth certificate must be presented for anyone 18 years of age or under. A valid I.D. or driver's license may be presented for anyone 19 years of age or over.If previously married, proof of original divorce decree or death certificate needs to be presented to the marriage agent by the applicant if the divorce or death was final within 30 days of applying for a marriage license.
FAXES ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
The main points on how to apply for a Marriage Licence in Hawaii are
- The prospective bride and groom must appear together in person before a marriage licence agent to apply for a marriage licence. Proxies are not allowed.
- The prospective bride and groom should be prepared to provide all of the necessary documents which should be obtained prior to applying for a marriage license.
- The prospective bride and groom must prepare an official application and file the application in person with the marriage license agent. Applications are provided by the marriage license agent or may be downloaded from the Hawai'i State Department.
- The marriage licence costs around $60.00, payable in cash at the time the application is made.
- The marriage licence expires 30 days from and including the date of issuance, after which it automatically becomes null and void.