Mauritius Legal Wedding Information
In order to qualify for a legal Mauritius wedding you are required you to be in the country 3 full working days prior to the wedding day.Weddings in Mauritius only take place Monday to Friday, and not on public holidays.
The following documentation & information is required to organize your marriage license:
- Full birth certificates
- Divorce decree or Death certificate of deceased spouse (if applicable)
- If the bride has been divorced less than 10 months previously, a medical certificate is required to confirm that she is not pregnant. The ceremony cannot be performed otherwise
- Change of name certificate (if applicable)
- A letter from each person certifying that they intend to get married in Mauritius and on the chosen date. This should bear each person’s current permanent address and profession.
"Legal Wedding Package"
• On arrival at resort- onet-shit, one pareo and one fruit platter
• Wedding Cake for 2 persons
• One bottle of sparkling wine
• Special wedding menu for 2 persons (without drinks)
• Special 'day after' wedding breakfast in room for 2 persons
• Registrar fee (Wedding day)
• Registration fee
• Round trip taxi fares to arrange formalities with local authorities (hotel to Port Louis)
| Back to top
||*Conditions apply. Travel between: 01 April 2011 – 31 March 2012
This package must be purchased in conjunction with Accommodation.
The above package does not include accommodation in Mauritius.